– Capitol Area Chapter blog in Tallahassee Florida announces they’re offering 4th and 5th graders a chance to win a year long pass to Disney World.
– The Greater Chicago Chapter blog has invited their youth auxiliary board to post every Friday. The first installment is from Erick Laseca, Northwestern University grad student and Red Cross volunteer.
– Rock River Chapter blog in Illinois announces they’re offering people a chance to record a video message to the troops.
– Central Maryland Chapter blog posts a video by Emmy Mogilinski, an American Red Cross Holocaust and War Victims Tracing Center volunteer.
– Greater Grand Rapids Chapter blog reports that they took no holiday vacation from serving the needs of their community. A total of 22 people in the last week have received Red Cross assistance.
– The St. Louis Chapter blog recounts the tale of a basketball referee being saved by people who were prepared and trained in CPR/AED as well as the good fortune of having an AED defibrillator nearby.
– The Greater New York Chapter blog has posted one of our favorite videos created by National Youth Council members. It’s called Don’t Donate.
– The Oregon Trail Chapter blog in Portland, Oregon has tons of great content up to start 2009 just right. They pose the question of whether Red Cross mental health workers ought to be armed with Gameboys loaded with Tetris after a scientific finding that the game blocks your brain from storing bad memories after a traumatic experience.
Until next week, please check out Red Cross chapters’ Twitter activities, too.