June 1968. Phu Loi, South Vietnam. Cold drink for a hot day is handed to soldier Raul Guarino atop truck by Red Cross Clubmobile girl Virginia Yerly, Bradenton, Florida, during a visit to remote 1st Infantry Division firebase. Virginia is part of a four-girl team which spends long, arduous days bringing informal recreation programs to isolated units in this area. Photo by Mark Stevens/American Red Cross
- Drop, Cover, and Hold On & Other Easy Ways You Can Be Earthquake Ready
- Red Cross Volunteer and His Service Dog Offer More Than Relief Services to Hurricane Survivors
- These People Found a Different Way to Help After Hurricane Matthew
- Hurricane Matthew: an Inside Look
- Clara Barton Started the Red Cross. But What Came Before?