Did you know that every 60 seconds*…
- More than 168 million emails are sent
- 695,000 status updates and 510,040 comments are published on Facebook
- Google serves more that 694,445 search queries
- More than 13,000 iPhone apps are downloaded
- 6,600 images are published on Flickr
- 600 videos (about 25 hours of content) are uploaded to YouTube
Seems impressive, but here’s another statistic: approximately every 80 seconds someone will lose their home to a fire. That’s more than 63,000 fires a year that Red Cross volunteers across the country will respond to.
October is National Fire Prevention Month, and our friends at the Chicago Red Cross has created a way for you to get a glimpse of what losing some of your cherished photo memories would feel like with their “Every 80 Seconds” campaign. With home fires, “things” can usually be replaced, but precious photos usually cannot. After you go through this, take a moment to make sure your home and family are Red Cross Ready.
*statistics from GeekTyrant.com