- To inspire you to talk to each other and your networks about issues we care about.
- To offer you immediate actions you can take (online or offline) to help people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies
- To give you valuable information about preventing, preparing for, and responding to emergencies
- To have a little fun and find areas of collaboration with you.
Questions? Contact socialmedia [at] redcross [dot] org.
More info about the Red Cross social engagement program:
- You’re invited! Become a digital advocate for the Red Cross by taking easy actions every day to support the mission.
- The social engagement handbook for our field units.
- Personal social engagement guidelines for everyone involved with the Red Cross.
- FAQ on the American Red Cross social engagement program.
- A resource page of other Red Cross contacts here.
During major disasters, we often need help to provide Red Cross services via social engagement.
1. You have an active personal Twitter account whose content and presentation reflects the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross. We probably won’t choose those who frequently tweet profane, political, or religious content.
2. You have an active personal Facebook, Google+ or other social presence.
3. You are willing to use your personal social accounts as an official representative of the American Red Cross.
4. You are empathetic.
5. You are detail-oriented and post only confirmed information.
1. Email socialmedia [at] redcross [dot] org to indicate your desire to become a Red Cross disaster digital volunteer, including links to your social presences.
2. We will initiate the process to run a background check.
3. Once the background check is done, you will be asked to complete 2 trainings (a) Social Engagement Certification Training and (b) disaster digital volunteer advanced social engagement training.
4. Once you’ve completed 1-3, we will keep you in our database and call on you to help whenever there is a major disaster.