On one hand, I really enjoy keeping my household updated on safety checks and preparedness items. On the other, I’m admittedly really, really bad at remembering to do everything. I depend on an assortment of online tools to keep most of my life together, so why not add on a nice calendar to remind me about things like checking my smoke alarm and cycling items out of my survival kit?
- Test smoke alarm batteries
Every three months
- Review your First Aid/CPR/AED skills at our online refresher center
Every 56 days
- Donate blood (see redcrossblood.org for additional qualifications and information. Calendar reminder quarterly) Note: Blood (whole blood) can be donated every 56 days. Platelets can be donated every 7 days, up to 24 times per year.
Twice a year
- Practice your home fire family escape plan.
- Turn and Test! Test/replace smoke alarm batteries and turn your clocks an hour ahead or behind.
- Check and restock if needed your emergency kit’s food, water and medicine supply.
Every two years
- Take a First Aid/CPR/AED course to keep your certification current (calendar reminder yearly)
Every 10 years
- Replace smoke alarms
(Click the Google Calendar button – – at the bottom of the embedded calendar below to open this up in your own Google Calendar list. It should show up in the list of “Other calendars”)
Filed under: Uncategorized