This Halloween we humanitarians at American Red Cross headquarters will transform into Red Crossers from out of this world.
We’ll be members of the Intergalactic Federation for the Red Cross.
You can join in if you’re looking for costume ideas.
It is simple.
- Start off with getting a fun colored wig!! Think red for Mars, green for Venus or purple for Mercury.
- Next step, the vest. Any good Red Cross disaster worker wears a vest. This way folks or aliens know who they can go to for help. Think intergalactic fashion. Find an old vest from a thrift shop and cover it in foil. You can also use easy iron on fabric strips and add metallic fabrics to the vest. Space is the limit.
- You can wear all black under the vest or go nutty and wear bright colors to match your wig.
- Don’t forget to wear fun colored gloves too.
- Crazy head gear is always a must. Think antennae or Lady Gaga.
- For the final touches, use bright shadow colors, blue lipstick, and crazy nail polish.
There is no wrong way to do this folks. So whip out your glue guns and foil paper…see you on the other side of Saturn. If you do dress as an Intergalactic Red Crosser, please share your photos with us.
If you’re not going to be a member of the Intergalactic Federation with us, what will you be?
Most importantly, be sure you’re safe!!